Sunday, October 14, 2007

ON, ON Buffalo!

We won the Wagon Wheel/Homecoming Game against our biggest rivals, Eastern New Mexico University!

62-31!!!

for those who don't know about the wagon wheel tradition, every year when ENMU and WTAMU play, they play for possession of a wagon wheel. Who ever wins gets to take home the wheel for the next year. this is the 3rd year in a row that WT has gotten to keep the Wagon wheel. [this was also the 3rd game in a row that ENMU has lost, this season]

Homecoming is always full of lots of campus events:
Monday- there was a marshmallow roast out at the pit
*the pit is the hole by the BIG bonfire where we burn the bad pallets each night
Tuesday- capture the flag [I didn't play- b/c I was using Tuesday to do homework that I wasn't going to have time for on Wed- due to guarding all night-but my studying payed off!!]
Wednesday- Tractor pull- and its exactly what it sounds like: we tie a rope to a tractor, and try to pull it!! I was asked to fill in a spot on the Stafford dorm team (even though i don't live in Stafford) and we won!!!
*Cross Hall's night to guard the bonfire!
Thursday- worship at the pit
Friday- THE BONFIRE!!!
*I had to guard the bonfire one night, and spend at least 6 hours building, to earn the coveted bonfire security t-shirt, and I did! We had a lot of fun, even though it was muddy and cold.
I stay up all night (basically) and then went to class... it made for a long day, but it was well worth it!
Saturday- Went to the tailgate with the Navigators, and then to the GAME! it was awesome!
we has 23276 fans!!! It was a WT record, and a LONE STAR CONFERENCE RECORD! It was SO much fun to see all the fans!

GREAT NEWS:
the essay contest I entered, for the spring break trip to Poland: I am a semi-finalist!!
I have an interview with the Essay committee on Wednesday, at 4! [Its is only about 15 minutes, and I am meeting with 3 other contestants]
wish my luck!!

No comments: