Thursday, October 25, 2007

The beginning of a Grand Adventure!

o round two was really code for "get them all dressed up so that we can take a group photo b/c they are the REAL finalist!!!"

Yes, I AM GOING TO POLAND!! I am SO very excited!

They got us really worked up, thinking that we were about to go into a really intense 'speed dating' interview with about 20 faculty... and then we get in there, sitting down, introducing ourselves and preparing for an interview, and they tell us that we are the finalist! It was amazing...

*flashback*
when i had first finished my essay, i sent it to my IDS teacher.
during this time her and I had been discussing me changing to a social work major from a psychology major. she edited my paper, and I promised her that if I won (this was back in early September, before I ever submitted it) that I would chance my major to social work.
She was one of the faculty in the "interview" today, so when I went to give her a hug, she gave me a gift. it was a change of major form. I never thought that piece of paper would mean SO much to me! haha. She had known for a few days, and told me today that it has been killing her to not say anything to me!

There is a group blog set up for us "WT Readership Ambassadors" and we will be working on it as a group.
There are 20 of us.
We are going on a group outing on Nov. 6th to go to the post office together to get our passports. We took our pictures today.
I am pretty excited!

i LOVVVE everyone, muchos!!

No comments: