Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a busy start slows.

things are finially winding down here, and we are getting into the "normal" days around here. but in all honesty- there is really nothing "normal" in college. every day is each its own adventure.

I have been running around campus doing all sorts of things. A last minute New Student Orientation for the last 88 freshman and transfer students... freshman cook out last night, leadership retreat for the NAVS, various campus volleyball games to start off the new year.
[I am sad to admit that I missed COW TOUNGE FOOTBALL last night, but thats alright... the cook out was pretty awesome!]

classes seem to be going pretty good. the college prep class [IDS1071] I am peer leading in seems to be pretty awesome. We are going to organize a game of cops and robbers on night in canyon! WHOO!

For training at work we got to divide into teams and have some Olympics! Our team won!! It was crazy exciting!




THE DAY is quickly approching... you know; the day that I am no longer a teenager! and its already a very busy day... I have a meeting, 2 classes to attend, and then freshman convocation to work. and after convocation....
I get to work/host the event that Valentino Deng [one of the lost boys of Sudan] will be speaking at that is going to pay for this upcoming Readership Trip to Africa.

All of "the Polands" have been invited to work this event, and I am super excited for this reuniting!

As a peer leader, I have the chance to write another essay, for the chance to get to be a peer leader on the Africa trip, and I have been working on it! whoohoo!
We'll have to see how that one goes!

I have to get ready for class.
more updates to follow.

No comments: