Monday, October 13, 2008

a winter breeze

I left to grab some coffee this morning in the Student Center, unaware of how necessary a hot drink would be. Its in the 40's!! The projected high for tomorrow is 47. bbuuurrrrrrr.
*But I'm not going to lie, I am enjoying it :)
It's fun to look around and see all the freshman freezing and schivering becasue they don't have winter clothes yet. And on the flip side, all of us upper classman are super excited to be bringing out the scarves and jackets we have had in our closets.

We have the GAME OF THE NATION this weekend [well, game of the nation in all of division 2 football]. We are playing ACU who is ranked 4th and the WT Buffs who are ranked 6th in the nation. Its going to be an awesome game!

We are currently 7-0!... and we have won most of our games by a landslide. FEAR WT! haha!


I am about to go an take an Art History Test. Check out the Art we are learning about... its a link on the left side of my blog. I have really been enjoying this class!

My amazing roommate, Sarah, is going to be in the Opera, Pirates of Pinzance, this weekend and she is really excited! (and SO am I! Good luck sarah!)

Mom and Mishy are coming down this weekend as well, and thats going to be SO much fun! We are going to go on a downtown adventure and see all the great things Amarillo has to offer. What all is that? Well...

The giant feet statue... the pointe/secret place... all the stanley marsh things like the randon street signs and such... the catalac ranch... the CANYON! and all its glory...The Big Texan (home of the 72oz. steak!)...Roasters [which is like starbucks, but better]... Route 66... and of course, WEST TEXAS A&M!

More updates and photos to come!
Upcoming blog series: A day in the life... [work, Nav stuff, classes, dorm life, my friends, etc.]

No comments: