Sunday, February 24, 2008

one down, 5 million more to go

I had an interview on friday!
and it was the funnnnnnnnest [Most fun?] interview I will probally ever have!

It was to be a Peer Leader at WT for this summer/next school year.
What do Peer Leaders do? Great question:
*NSO
*Buff Branding
*IDS
*Convocation/Common Reader

Now, you might be wondering what all of those are....
...I thought so.

NSO [New Student Orientation]
-a weekend program that brings in all entering Freshman to the WT campus for a weekend[ish] to register for classes and get familiar with the campus and various activities. Its full of games and information to inform future students about all that this wonderful campus has to offer. As a peer leader, I would be leading a small group of students each weekend the NSO's are offered. [I think there are 6? maybe...]
Buff Branding
-The weekend before class starts- where upper classman lead the freshman; teaching traditions and the fight song. Its held at Ceta Canyon.
-IDS1071 [Interdisciplinary Studies]
This is an Intro to College Life class. Many of them are linked with other core classes, such as PHilosophy, Biology, Ag, Theater- it further teaches about all of the resources that the University offers, while bridging the gap between high school and college. as a Peer leader, I would be like an Assistant Teacher in this classroom.
-Convocation- Common Reader.
each year, a novel is picked and incorperated into many classes. This year was Night [hince the trip to POLAND]. They always choose a book where they can get the Author to come and speak at a manditory cermony to all freshman [thats what convocation is]. It is held in the First United Band Centat [where Grad. is held- and all of the teachers dress up in the cap/gown- to signify that all the freshman will be sitting there again in 4 [or maybe 4.5 to 5] years as a WT graduate!] As a Peer leader, I will get to have a meet and greet with the selected Author, and help usher the freshman to the seating on the floor of the Event center.

Exciting stuff? you bet.
We should know by Friday if we made it or not.
If I make it- WHOOHOO!
If I don't- (A) it was a great experience (B) there is always next year... or the year after that... (C)I have houston stuff to do!
So either way, this Summer is going to ROCK!



this is cute:

No comments: