Thursday, February 14, 2008

FREE HUGS!

This afternoon I was sitting in the JBK with some friends, when 2 guys walked in holding signs that said "Free Hugs!" This made me laugh. People around the WT campus have stopped called today V-day, and it is now Single-Awareness day! I think its really funny... because its SO true! People who have 'that special someone' all have plans for tonight or this weekend, while everyone else makes group plans to not feel left out [not that I am saying that I personally feel as though I am being left out].

Talking with a friend this week, it was brought to my attention how much singleness is really a gift to me right now. I will be leaving EARLY tomorrow morning for the Renewal Conference with the Navigators. In my singleness, I am able to leave this weekend [the weekend right after v-day] and not feel like I am leaving someone out, or that I am obligated to spend 'special time' with someone. So, my gift of singleness has left this weekend for me to attend and hear all that God as to offer, with no strings attached. SWEEET.

I am now leading(helping) singing at NavNite [worship/hanging out time monday's at the NavCenter]!! And I really like it. This past week it was Kari and I on voice, and Trevor on voice and guitar. We made some pretty sweet harmony. And we had lots of fun doing it! I learned a new hymn, of which I don't remember... and we sang More Love, More Power and... ummmm.... another contemp. christian song that is slipping my mind at the moment!

Not too much else is going on.
Poland is approaching... I am very excited.
27 days.

until later,
xoxo
mandi.leigh

No comments: