Saturday, May 17, 2008

A new status

So- I'm now a SOPHMORE! woohoo!

An update on the PLI job:
each NSO [New Student Orientation] leader will get a group of about 10 freshman/transfer students.
they will work with this group all day thursday and friday
*new this year: 4 PLI's will have small groups of parents that have come to NSO, to help answer their questions in the different groups/meetings they will also be attending throughout the weekend. [[this is what I will be doing]]

Freshman convocation- where the speaker comes and talk to the freshman class [manditory] is on my birthday this fall! And I will get to speak with the Lost boy that our book is about! His name is Valentino Achak Deng, and he asked Dave Eddgers to help him write the book What is the What, about his story. Its pretty good. I am working on reading it right now!


We made more presentations yesterday! it was alot of fun! They we really good to us there- they fed us lunch, had coffee and donuts, gave us the coffee mugs, and a journal- told us to never quit tellin our story. It was pretty sweet. It made for a long day- to make the same presentation 7 times, I dont know how teachers do it. But then we went to sonic. and relaxed! it was a nice end to a hectic morning.

The weather in Canyon....
I still can't get over the fact that is 45 when I leave the house in the morning and then its 75 that afternoon... its MAY! I am looking forward to hot summer days in south padre! yepp yepp.

No comments: